Diplomate of the National Board
Number of Seats Allocated : 2 MBBS and 2 Post MBBS
Procedure to Join
Post DO DNB
This candidates for this course are also to attend NEET examination and opt for DNB in Centralised Counselling conducted by NBE. The Candidates have to chose the option of Sankar Foundation Eye Institute, Visakhapatnam for their choice to get admission in the Course. The Option of allocation of seats will be displayed in the NBE Protal for candidates to choose the Hospital.
Components of Training
- Bedside Clinic Training.
- On call duties during emergency hours under supervision.
- Attending Out -patient Departments.
- Handling general ophthalmic cases independently.
- Follow up on surgical cases.
- Assisting in all major & minor operations/ procedures.
- Consulting with the faculty of various subspecialties in related ophthalmic diseases.
- Performance of minor surgeries / procedures independently.
- The team of DNB post graduates, doctors and support staff go for Comprehensive Eye Screening Camps in the rural areas in North Coastal Andhra Pradesh wherein the postgraduates get a wide clinical experience hands on.